MVC3 Shopping Cart
The ASP.NET MVC (Model-View-Controller) framework is becoming popular within the .NET community as an open source web application development framework. The framework is based on the segregation of web application design components. The following information discusses some of the features and functionality of the MVC 3 shopping cart. Nopcommerce is a very powerful shopping cart in .net.
Components of the ASP.NET MVC Framework
The MVC pattern distinguishes the presentation layer, user interface, and the code in an application with logical separations. Given this aspect, MVC is highly recommended for developing applications that are well-architected and easy to maintain. The following functionality constitutes an application developed using the ASP.NET MVC framework:
- Controllers – Classes that handle incoming requests to the application retrieval model data.
Controllers then specify view templates that return a response to the client.
- Models – Classes that represent the data of application and use the validation logic to enforce business rules for data.
- View – Template files that your application uses to dynamically generate HTML responses.
Features of ASP.NET MVC 3
ASP.NET MVC 3 is the new version that was recently released by the ASP.NET MVC team. This new version has some new features and functionalities including feature enhancements and bug fixes. Some of the latest features of this new shopping cart are:
- Razor View Engine – This is perhaps one of the attractive features of the MVC 3 version. Razor View Engine is smaller in size and can be easily learned as well.
- Session-less controller support – Using this feature, a programmer can control his/her session control for controllers.
- Supports unobtrusive AJAX and client side validation – This is another great feature in MVC 3 that allows separation of responsibilities within your web application by separating your script and HTML code.
- Added support - The new Razor view engine introduced with ASP.NET MVC 3 automatically and by default encodes HTML output by default. This helps provide an additional level of protection against HTML and script injection attacks.
Note: Some other features incorporated in the MVC 3 version are child action output caching and compare attributes.
Advantages of ASP.NET MVC 3 in nopcommerce
A distinct advantage of ASP.NET MVC 3 is that it is compatible with ASP.NET MVC 2. This means that it is becomes simpler to update projects you are writing with MVC 2 to MVC 3. The new features in MVC 3 are built on top of the foundational work done with the MVC 1 and MVC 2 releases. The skills, knowledge, libraries, and books you’ve acquired are all directly applicable to the MVC 3 release. MVC 3 adds new features and capabilities and doesn’t disuse existing ones.
You can assume that certain applications perform better in MVC 3 as there are some great features added. At the same time certain applications could underperform as they are now doing more work.
Nopcommerce has now been moved to MVC 3 with a Razor View Engine. Some of the important features of the MVC 3 shopping cart include improvement in architecture, SQL server compact support and many other enhancements. Thus is it is recommended that the nopcommerce MVC 3 shopping cart is the best open source shopping cart for unique and generic business requirements.
Please feel free to contact us for any information that you may need on Nopcommerce the mvc3 shopping cart.